Rupert Health Centre Inc. was opened by Dr. Kevin Leung, in October 2005, in the Collingwood/Norquay neighbourhood of East Vancouver. We offer expertly delivered services in chiropractic treatment, active rehabilitation, custom orthotics, laser therapy and registered massage therapy.
Our goal is dedicated to educating our patients in all aspects of health. We treat a wide range of conditions such as car accident injuries, work place injuries, back and neck pain, headaches and migraines, joint pain, sports injuries, foot pain and more.
Our mission is to achieve the best patient care, through a holistic drug free approach and taking time to listen to our patients' concerns.
Doctor of Chiropractic, Kinesiologist
Dr. Kevin Leung graduated from Simon Fraser University in 1998 with a Bachelor's degree in Science (Kinesiology). He went on to the University of Western States in Portland, Oregon, where he received his Doctor of Chiropractic Degree in 2003. After graduation, Dr. Leung practiced in Washington State and returned to Vancouver to practice in 2004. With 14 years of experience in sports injuries and motor vehicle accidents Dr. Leung can help you recover from your injuries. He believes a balanced approach of rehabilitation exercises, chiropractic manipulations, physical modalities and soft tissue release techniques will best benefit the patient.
Dr. Leung volunteered with the Collingwood Neighbourhood House and gave lectures to seniors and new settlers to the Collingwood area. Topics included osteoporosis, fall prevention and the Medical Service Plan.
He works in conjunction with Simon Fraser University's Co-op Education department and has co-op students working in the clinic.
His athletic achievement includes a bronze medal in the 1992 B.C. Summer Games for volleyball.
Continuing Education credits includes:
- Whiplash Injury Biomechanics & Traumatology 2018 Module 1: Whiplash Advanced Topic; the Fundamental Science, Dr. Arthur C. CROFT., PHD, DC, MSC, MPH, Spine Research Institute of San Diego, March 10-11, 2018, Seattle, Washington
- The review of primary pathogenesis, anatomy, imaging selection, physical findings of the neck and upper extremities and the discussion of clinical management. Dr.William Moreau, D.C., Dr.Beverly Harger,D.C. DACBR, Dr. Georgia Nab, D.C. December 2017, Maui,Hawaii
- Integrative Sacroiliac Joint and Lower Extremity Evaluation and Care Strategies December 2016, Maui, Hawaii. Dr. William Moreau and Dr. Beverly Harger
- Imaging of the Problematic Shoulder in the 21st Century. Dr. Terry Yochum, D.C. & Dr. Alicia Yochum, D.C., January 2016, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- The Secrets of Scapula Dynamics in Shoulder Conditions, Injuries, and Syndromes. Dr. Mitch Mally, D.C., January 2016, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Patient Case Management Beyond Pain Relief. Dr. Mark Sanna, D.C., January 2016, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Biomechanical Effects of Spinal Decompression on Vertebral Discs. Dr. Eric Kaplan, D.C., January 2016, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- The Orthopedic and Neurological Science of the Subluxation and Adjustment. Dr. Dan Murphy, D.C., January 2016, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Health and Performance Optimization Through Functional Neurology. Dr. Matthew Antanucci, D.C., January 2016, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Integrated Head, Spine, & Shoulder Care Strategies. Dr. William Moreau, D.C. & Dr. Beverly Harger, D.C. December 2015, Maui, Hawaii.
- Low Back Pain and Rehab. Dr. Phillip Snell, D.C., December 2015, Maui, Hawaii.
- The Science Behind Living Foods: Seminar For Health Professionals. Brian Clement. November 2015, Vancouver, B.C.
- Activator Chiropractic Technique Seminar Basic. September 2015, Seattle, Washington.
- Kamloops Radiology Seminar. DC, DACBR and Dr. Richard Brownlee, Neurosurgeon. April 2015, Kamloops, B.C.
- Extremity Adjusting. Dr. Paul Hunter, D.C. March 2015, Colwood, B.C.
- Chiropractic Care in Olympics Sports Medicine. Dr. William Moreau, D.C. January 2015, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Foot Pronation and Imaging. Dr. Terry Yochum, D.C. DACBR and Dr. Alicia Yochum, D.C. January 2015, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Uncomplicated Nutrition. Dr. Donald Hayes, D.C. January 2015, Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Integrative Spine and Hip Care Strategies for Patients of All Ages: Clinical Management and Diagnostic Imaging. Dr. William Moreau D.C., Dr. Beverly Harger D.C. DACBR, Dr. Elise Hewitt D.C. University of Western States. December 2014, Lihue, Hawaii.
- Radiological Review of the Foot and Ankle. Dr. Joseph Stern, D.P.M. Excel Biomechanics. April 2014, Vancouver, B.C.
- Integrative Spine Care Strategies: Clinical Management and Diagnostic Imaging of the Cervical Spine through the Shoulder. Dr. William Moreau D.C. & Dr. Beverly Harger D.C. University of Western States. December 2013, Ko Olina, Hawaii.
- Nutrition for Health & Fitness Program. Scott Howitt, BA, CK, MSc, DC, FRCCSS(C), FCCPOR(C) Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College. September 2013, Vancouver, B.C.
- A New Era in Whiplash & Spinal Trauma. Dr. Dan Murphy DC, DABCO Life Chiropractic College West. January 2012, Parksville, B.C.
Doctor of Chiropractic
Dr. Jason Cheng was born and raised in Taiwan. At the age of 16, his family moved to Canada. He attended Simon Fraser University, obtaining a Bachelor's degree in Science with a major in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry and a minor in Chemistry. The undergraduate education at SFU had helped set out his mind to learn about human health and the idea of many healthcare philosophies, including the holistic medicines. He obtained his Doctor of Chiropractic degree at the University of Western States. He is well trained in the diversified chiropractic adjustment technique, the instrument assisted soft-tissue technique, physiotherapy modalities, and rehabilitative exercises.
Dr. Cheng is committed to assisting patients achieve their highest possible health by motivating them to take care of themselves. Aside from chiropractic treatment, he also provides various physiotherapy modalities, professional advice on home care, activity modifications, exercise, and even dietary plans. By setting out health goals and walking through the treatment plan with the patient, he is dedicated to ensuring they get the care they really deserve. Dr. Cheng also believes that optimal health is not just about what to do inside the treatment room, but more importantly, also about what to do outside of the treatment room. In his spare time, he likes exercising, reading, taking photographs, cooking, and enjoying times hanging out with family and friends each and every single day.
Continuing Education credits include:
- Whiplash Advanced Topics: The Fundamental Science. Dr. Arthur Croft, D.C., June 2013, Spinal Research Institute of San Diego, Seattle, WA.
- Management Principles in Personal Injury and Forensic Documentation., Dr. Arthur Croft, D.C., June 2013, Spinal Research Institute of San Diego, Seattle, WA.
- Principles of Impairment Rating and Forensic Reporting. Dr. Arthur Croft, D.C., June 2013, Spinal Research Institute of San Diego, Portland, OR.
- Medicolegal Fundamentals for Practitioners and Forensic Experts. Dr. Arthur Croft, D.C., June 2013, Spinal Research Institute of San Diego, Portland, OR.
Stanley Wong completed his Diploma of Kinesiology from Langara College, and is currently a student at VCMT pursuing his designation as a Registered Massage Therapist. Stanley is also a BCRPA Personal Trainer and is FMS certified, enabling him to recognize movement patterns affecting daily life. Currently, he offers full body Swedish relaxation massages, can work with fascia and deep tissue, and advises take-home corrective exercises and stretches. Stanley has a passion for both health, and helping others. His hobbies include weightlifting, yoga, and a variety of sports
Juliana is fluent in Cantonese.
Ezra Yu is currently studying both Health Sciences and Linguistics at Simon Fraser University. In addition to English, he speaks Mandarin and loves the opportunity to utilize his linguistic skills and interact with the patients at Rupert Health Centre. In his spare time, Ezra enjoys drawing.